Glossary of Terms

ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder: pretty self explanatory really (includes Aspergers).

SI - Special Interest: a subject that an Aspie finds almost obsessively fascinating.

NT - Neuro-Typical: someone who is not on the Autistic Spectrum.

OCD - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: a mental health problem characterised by repetitive or obsessive behaviour in response to particular events or situations.

Monday 9 April 2012

Still Alive!

It's over a year since I started this blog and almost as long since I last posted! I'm sorry about that and would not be surprised if I have lost all two of my dedicated readers! The last few months have been quite tricky involving not a small amount of conflict with my sister. We have never really got on as although we are both opinionated, we have different views on almost everything. Fights with siblings are sadly not uncommon for the Aspie as a great deal of patience and understanding are needed to deal with us; something that she alas does not have. That is not  bad in a normal environment but when living with an Aspie it is necessary to have a great deal of it. She was living at home whilst searching for a job in London, which she now has (thank God!) and so has now moved back out. So now I am a little more relaxed and can at last get some creative inspiration. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment