Glossary of Terms

ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder: pretty self explanatory really (includes Aspergers).

SI - Special Interest: a subject that an Aspie finds almost obsessively fascinating.

NT - Neuro-Typical: someone who is not on the Autistic Spectrum.

OCD - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: a mental health problem characterised by repetitive or obsessive behaviour in response to particular events or situations.

Monday 23 April 2012

Behold the turtle!

I heard a great saying the other day from one of my sort of heroes: Bear Grylls. "Behold the turtle; he only makes progress when he sticks his neck out" (i.e. you need to take risks to succeed). It's a great saying and is probably relevant to some people, for example those who enjoy base jumping, rock climbing without ropes and drinking water squeezed from a camel turd; but sadly not for me. I like my neck, one could even say that I am somewhat attached to it.

On a separate note there was an article in this weeks newspapers about having regrets is actually useful to have; but not if you are an OAP. The reasoning is that they act as motivation for you not to make the same mistake twice and I guess that they are right (consolation for me still thinking about Marie). If you are elderly though they can bring you down as you don't have enough time left to either correct them or be in a similar situation and thus apply the lesson that you learnt last time. So for me at least there is still hope, but time waits for no one...

No comments:

Post a Comment