Glossary of Terms

ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder: pretty self explanatory really (includes Aspergers).

SI - Special Interest: a subject that an Aspie finds almost obsessively fascinating.

NT - Neuro-Typical: someone who is not on the Autistic Spectrum.

OCD - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: a mental health problem characterised by repetitive or obsessive behaviour in response to particular events or situations.

Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year!

Well, here we are on the threshold of another year; according to the Christian churches, the 2012th since the birth of Christ (who hasn't aged a day). It is also the year that the world is set to end according to the Mayan calender and crazy people everywhere (I mean what did the Mayans know except for human sacrifice, dangerous roads and building pyramids wrong). Yes the world could end tomorrow but it's the same every day. The probability of this happening however is smaller than Nicholas Sarkozy. Religion it seems is impervious to science and statistics. 

You may be wondering why it has taken me a lot longer to produce a new post. Had I fallen down a well? Got lost whilst traversing the Sahara dessert? Frozen myself in order to skip 3 or 4 months into the future? Well, none of the above (brain freeze when eating an ice-cream too fast is painful enough!). My internet was down and it has taken me the best part of a month and hours on the phone to get it back up again. Needless to say I have now switched providers to a company less incompetent than the last (they weren't even trying!!!). So now I am back on-line! I just need to think of something to write now...

No comments:

Post a Comment